Program Name: Marine Engineering (Marine Engineering Officer)
In the Marine Engineering Programme, our students will be taught how to operate, maintain and repair all machinery onboard any type of ship of any size and tonnage. In our department, this academic program emphasizes hands-on experiences that expand on your classroom learning. Our Diploma and Bachelor degrees will enable you to implement the knowledge you gain through your study into future jobs. Due to the knowledge imparted in fields like machinery, turbines, boilers, automatic systems and electrotechnology, this programme allows that our graduates have attractive skills for companies and/or factories working not only in the shipping industry. The academic program can lead you to obtain at the same time the professional Certificates of Competency of Engineer Officer on Watch, 2nd Engineer and Chief Engineer issued by the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Oman.
Award: Diploma/Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering.
The Marine Engineering programme aims providing students with relevant and quality Maritime Education and equip them with the knowledge they will need when they join the workplace.
The minimum entry requirements are:
- General Education Diploma (Grade 12 Certificate) or equivalent
- All applicants must have completed English and Mathematics
- Applicants for Marine Engineering program must also have studied Chemistry and Physics in grade 12 or equivalent.
- Marine Engineering students must be medically fit and with height of at least 140cm
Students must also successfully complete the General Foundation Programme or provide equivalent scores in the three areas of the programme. The requirements are:
- English: obtain a score of 5.0 in the IELTS taken in the last two years or score at least 70 points in the College English placement test
- Mathematics: score at least 50 in the Math placement tests
- Information Technology: provides a valid certificate in IC3 or ICDL, or score at least 50 in the IT placement tests
After being admitted to the college either via applying directly to the college or through the Higher Education Admission Center (HEAC), the students enroll at the college. The following documents and material are required to complete the registration:
- An original General Education Diploma (Grade 12 Certificate) or equivalent with a minimum pass grade in Mathematics and English
- Two coloured photos of the applicant
- A copy of the applicant’s national ID card
- A copy of the applicant’s guardian’s valid passport or ID card
In addition, international students
- An original grade 11 certificate or equivalent
- The original High Secondary School Certificate or equivalent must be attested by student’s country’s Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Omani Embassy in his/her country.
- A copy of the applicant’s valid Passport
Dip – ME
Bsc – ME
| || |
Graduate data ( Exit with diploma , bachelors)
After obtaining the Diploma and/or bachelor in Marine Engineering you will be qualified to work on-board vessels and in shore positions such as:
- Chief Engineer.
- 2nd Engineer.
- Junior Engineer Officer (3rd and 4th Engineer).
- Vessel Manager.
- Fleet Manager.
- Flying Squad teams in shipping companies.
- HSSEQ related Positions.
- Tanker terminal operators.
- Port State Control Inspector and other positions in Maritime Administration.
- Positions in specialized workshops.
- Power and generation plants.