Logistics and Transport Management
The development of the Logistics and Transport Management (LTM) Programmes are informed by research and industry input. The successful completion of the programme will lead to Diploma and/or Bachelor Degree. The programmes enable you to acquire knowledge and skills, which can readily be applied in the industry. With a balanced combination of theory and practice through simulators and industry internships, you are challenged to address challenges related to logistics and supply chain.
One of the pillars of the economy of the Sultanate of Oman is logistics. Nowadays, it is supply chains that compete, rather than companies. Logistics and supply chain experts are found in all types of industries, ranging from banks to production companies, and from hospitals to ports.
Minimum entry requirements:
- General Education Diploma (Grade 12 Certificate) or equivalent.
- All applicants must have studied English and Mathematics.
Direct entry requirements:
- Students must sit IMCO’s English Placement Test and score above 75, or score 5.0 in a valid IELTS plus passing Math and IT placement tests.
- Pass IMCO GFP or other accredited GFP’s.
- IC3 and SAT certificates can be considered for exemption.
For International Students:
International students must provide an original High Secondary School Certificate, or equivalent, attested by student’s country’s Ministry of Education and by the Omani Embassy, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the embassy of the student’s country in Oman, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Oman and the Ministry of Education in Oman. For more information, please contact our admission office.
The LTM department has a dedicated industry liaison who helps students to obtain training while in college and assistance is provided to obtain a job after graduation. Through network events and CV workshops, we envisage to further aid the students in entering the job market.
Due to the comprehensive curricula of the programmes, our graduates develop skills that are required in various industries. One of the strategic pillars of the Sultanate of Oman is logistics; this strategic recognition emphasizes the need for logistics professionals. Our graduates can work, amongst others, as:
- Procurement officers
- Transport managers
- Supply chain employees in different types of industries
- Sales employees
- Project managers
- Customer service employees/managers
- Port operators
- Freight forwarders
- Shipping agents
- Customs declarants etc.
The Logistics and Transport Management Diploma programme seeks to develop students who can:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply key concepts and principles of the International Transport and Logistics by using logical reasoning to carry out processes and procedures in the industry.
- Communicate effectively in English within teams as well as individually in order to carry out duties and responsibilities within industry.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and ability to make decisions based on ethical and moral values, both within the industry and community.
- Apply practical skills and competencies developed in the programme in a professional and competent manner to add value to the logistics industry.
- Exhibit the essential graduate attributes, such as leadership, punctuality, time management, teamwork, required at operator level in the International Transport and Logistics Industry.
The Logistics and Transport Management Bachelor programme seeks to develop the students who can:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental principles of International Transport & Logistics, by using logical reasoning and critical thinking to facilitate effective decision making within the industry and pursue knowledge further.
- Communicate effectively in English within teams as well as individually in order to manage processes within industry.
- Manage and inspire ethical and moral behavior through sensitive decision making.
- Apply practical skills and competencies developed in the programme in a professional and competent manner to manage processes within the logistics industry.
- Demonstrate essential graduate attributes, such as leadership, punctuality, time management, teamwork, critical thinking & problem solving in order to meet the challenges of managing in the International Transport and Logistics Industry.