Logistics and Transport Management
The development of the Logistics and Transport Management (LTM) Programmes are informed by research and industry input. The successful completion of the programme will lead to Diploma and/or Bachelor Degree. The programmes enable you to acquire knowledge and skills, which can readily be applied in the industry. With a balanced combination of theory and practice through simulators and industry internships, you are challenged to address challenges related to logistics and supply chain.
One of the pillars of the economy of the Sultanate of Oman is logistics. Nowadays, it is supply chains that compete, rather than companies. Logistics and supply chain experts are found in all types of industries, ranging from banks to production companies, and from hospitals to ports.
The Logistics and Transport Management Diploma programme seeks to develop students who can:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply key concepts and principles of the International Transport and Logistics by using logical reasoning to carry out processes and procedures in the industry.
- Communicate effectively in English within teams as well as individually in order to carry out duties and responsibilities within industry.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and ability to make decisions based on ethical and moral values, both within the industry and community.
- Apply practical skills and competencies developed in the programme in a professional and competent manner to add value to the logistics industry.
- Exhibit the essential graduate attributes, such as leadership, punctuality, time management, teamwork, required at operator level in the International Transport and Logistics Industry.