The main mission of the Research & Graduate Studies (RGS) is to act as a primary point of contact for industry, funding organizations and stakeholders interested in research and consultancy. RGS facilitates and manages research initiatives, consultancy projects, partnerships and collaborations with industry. Its activities include:
- Facilitate developing proposals for research projects that create teaching and learning opportunities for students & Staff.
- Assist with research proposal development and funding.
- Facilitate industry-related research and consultancy projects.
- Network and develop research and consultancy opportunities.
- Establish policies and procedures to support research activities.
Research Strategic Objectives
The main research strategic goal is to promote research culture and build capacity for research and consultancy as stated in the college’s strategic plan 2018-2023. Over the next five years, IMCO is committed to the following major research objectives:
- Establish Centre of excellence in logistics, water & renewable energy to promote multidisciplinary research.
- Increase faculty and student participation in research-related activities
- Provide students with opportunities to engage in research with staff and industry partners.
- Actively pursue external funding opportunities to support R&D.
- Integrate research projects tightly within college curricula to enhance student learning experience and improves the employment prospects for IMCO graduates.
Research Capacity Building
Training activities include workshops, presentations, lectures, symposia, coaching and mentoring, one-on-one guidance to prepare grant requests, proposals and report writing. Variety of workshops throughout the year to help build research capacity and knowledge of staff and students.
Topics for staff include:
- Writing and presenting research proposals
- Students supervision
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Writing a research report
- Project management
- Presentations and dissemination of research results
- Conducting surveys & focus groups
Topic for final year and postgraduate students include:
- Preparing a research proposal
- Research Methodology
- Thesis writing
- Paper presentation