Research and Consultancy Committee
The Research & Consultancy Committee is responsible to ensure the implementation of the policy related to research. The members of Research & Consultancy Committee (RCC) include:
- The chairperson of the RCC. The Chairperson can be the Dean of the College or Deputy Dean of Academic Affairs or the Head of Research & Graduate Studies.
- Heads of Academic Departments.
- At least 4 active researchers from different academic departments, nominated by their Head of Department. (There shall be no more than two researchers from each department)
- Representative from the Quality Assurance Office
The Research & Consultancy Committee is responsible for:
- Standardizing the research process.
- Reviewing the budget estimate for research.
- Promoting collaboration and interdisciplinary research.
- Advising the dean on the implementation of policies pertaining to the allocation of internal funds for research.
- Publishing the research report of the College.
- Advising the dean on matters concerning research ethics.
- Developing policies for research & Consultancy for the College.
- Evaluating quality and standards of research within the College.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of Postgraduate Research.
- Arranging oral examinations for Postgraduate theses.
Key Performance Indicators
- The number of internal funded projects per year.
- The number and value of externally funded research projects per year.
- The number of grant applications.
- The number of students participating in research projects.
- The number of staff participating in conferences and seminars.
- The percentage of active research staff.
- The number of awards received by students participated in local, regional and international competitions.
- The number of research activities and events organized by the college.
- Positive financial returns from research and consultancy activities.